Come create with us!
Never before have so many people had the tools to make their creative dreams a reality. The creator economy is booming, and we’re on a mission to help it go even faster and make it even more accessible.
We're always looking for people who are passionate about enabling creators, serving customers, and supporting their fellow teammates. Built around an ownership culture, Moment is a place you can have a meaningful impact on a daily basis.
Moment is building the largest, most trusted, marketplace for creators. More than an online store, we’re building a marketplace that carries everything you need for the entire creative journey. From gear to courses, to experiences, to digital goods – if you are creating, Moment is the place for you.
In pursuit of building the most trusted marketplace, we’re building mobile apps that make commerce easier, creating better, and community more interesting. We already have three top rated iOS apps in Pro Camera, RTRO, and Grain, each providing a unique value to creators. Next we’re building a dedicated commerce app that enables our buyers and sellers to get the most out of Moment.
U.S. applicants only please. No agencies, we are looking for an in-house, full-time hire.
We’re looking for a Lead iOS Software Engineer to join our Platform team and run iOS development. You will be in charge of maintaining current applications, setting feature road-maps, and building a new green-field commerce app for Moment. We have a belief that a new feature doesn’t ship until it’s ready, which means we prioritize quality over quantity. We are nimble in shipping as frequently as we can, but our first priority is customer experience. Building the best tools requires amazing developers who are passionate about iOS Development and photography.
What You’ll Be Working On
- Building and leading a new commerce app.
- Help to define new app features with the team. (4 web engineers and a designer).
- Work closely with designers and engineers to quickly prototype new features.
- Working with customers and beta users to test and resolve bugs.
- Implement features, frameworks, and fixes in iOS development environment
- A focus on UI design principles, motion, and making apps work intuitively
- Drive engineering implementation
- Integrate existing APis
- Using automated tests to write well-tested code
- Track, identify and lead the fixing of performance issues
You Need These Qualifications
- B.S. in Computer Science or 3+ Years of iOS development
- Strong understanding of Swift
- Experienced a full product lifecycle from design to release
- Seasoned code architect, loves SOLID principals and can teach them to others
- Strong problem solving skills
- Comfortable writing unit tests, architecting testable code
- API integration and design experience
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team which touches many parts of core systems at Moment
These Qualifications Are A Plus
- Design minded
- Experience with Swift UI
- Experience with OpenGL, Metal, or CoreImage
Compensation And Benefits The Moment culture is about ownership so the more you take on the more you make. Otherwise, we keep compensation simple...
- A competitive salary.
- Equity in the company.
- Medical insurance or $400 per month to do what you want.
- Flexible Schedule: Work when you want, as long as you finish work on time and set teammates up for success.
- Free Moment gear and discounts on our whole store.
- A $500 stipend per year to spend on your own equipment.
- Three company off-sites per year.
- Unlimited vacation.
Are you in?
Finance, Business, and Inventory Analyst (E-commerce and Marketplaces)
Moment is building the largest, most trusted, marketplace for creators. More than an online store, we’re building a marketplace that carries everything you need for the entire creative journey. From gear, to courses, to experiences, to digital goods – if you are creating, Moment is the place for you.
The Role We’re looking for a talented Analyst to help our teams manage a growing catalog of products and sellers.
On one side you'll be working with our existing data tools (Looker, GA, Excel, etc) and our merchandising team to forecast category / product level demand for items we inventory. This means understanding traffic drivers through to unit sales so we can keep the right products in stock. Beyond inventory you'll be helping the team with a broad range of commerce analysis including category performance, site conversions, shipping costs, and margin analysis. We sell products to millions of customers around the world and there is lots of interesting data to analyze so we can better serve our customers.
On the other side, you’ll be working with our growing community of sellers, ensuring data sources and listings are working. Our growing catalog contains thousands of items being fulfilled worldwide from a growing base of sellers – all of which need integration and data feeds to improve listing efficiency, shipping accuracy, and the customer shopping experience.
Lastly, you'll be working with engineers to maintain our Looker instance and data warehouse, to ensure they are puling in all of our data sources. This can even include working directly with 3rd party tools (like Flxpoint) to maintain APIs.
If you are passionate about commerce analysis and quality data sources...then this role could be for you.
What you’ll be working on Helping everyone make better purchasing decisions, empowering sellers, and making sure our data feeds are running properly.
- Working with our merchandising teams to forecast, manage inventory levels, and discover new opportunities.
- Working with our sellers and engineers to ensure data feeds and listings are workin, while working with our largest sellers to help them grow.
- Collaborating with our content marketing teams to discover actionable insights. What content is working (written, video, email, etc) and what can we be improving?
- Analyzing our data to help everyone understand what is and isn’t working. From traffic drivers through to profit margins, you're always looking for improvements we can be making.
- Working with our engineering team to define and maintain our data structure, which includes our data pipeline and Looker environment. This can also include collaborating with our fulfillment / 3PL partners to ensure their data feeds are working properly.
- Writing basic code (LookML and SQL) to setup reliable explores, reports and dashboards.
You need these qualifications We're looking for someone who is passionate about understanding the business drivers in a consumer marketplace, while working with a team to constantly improve.
- 1+ years experience in ecommerce business analysis, preferably for a retailer or consumer marketplace.
- 1+ years experience with Looker or a similar visualization BI tool is preferred.
- High proficiency in Excel/Google Sheets, including advanced formulas and pivot tables.
- Skills in SQL (window functions, writing subqueries), LookML, data modeling/warehousing and ETL development are highly preferred.
- Being passionate about photography, filmmaking, or travel is a big plus. Being our own customer helps us build a better marketplace for creatives.
- You’re passionate and meticulous about providing accurate, timely data-driven insights and using data science to create reporting efficiencies.
- Organized, detailed, and simple communicator. Your analysis should be easy to follow.
- Understanding of statistics, finance and accounting.
- Experience in a remote culture is preferred.
These qualifications are a plus:
- Experience with Fivetran, Panoply, Segment or similar.
Join a team of filmmakers, photographers, designers, and engineers who are passionate about empowering creators. You’ll get to work alongside a fun, talented team who pushes you to deliver your best work.
Meet the team (on LinkedIn).
How We Work
Moment is a remote team, spread across the US. We've always been remote, which means we've built a culture around how to make you successful even when we only see each other in person three times a year.
What makes our remote first culture unique...
- Ownership - not only does everyone receive equity in the company, but we empower everyone to take on more ownership within the company. You learn how to set goals, make decisions, and build a business.
- Transparency - you know everything about the company from our north star direction to how much cash we have in the bank. The more you know the better your decisions are.
- Schedule Control - the only rule we have is that you attend three week long off-sites every year. Otherwise you set your own team goals, manage your own time, and hold yourself accountable to your peers.
- Parent Friendly - we have a growing number of parents at Moment. We've learned over the years how to raise our kids and still deliver our best work.
Our compensation philosophy is unique. It's a transparent formula that pays you more (every four months) as you develop new skills. The faster you develop the more you make. Otherwise we keep compensation simple:
- Equity in the company.
- A competitive salary.
- Comp review every four months.
- Medical Insurance or $400 a month to do what you want.
- Flexible schedule - work where and when you want.
- Free gear and storewide discounts.
- Annual equipment budget of $500 for your own equipment.
- Company off-sites three times per year.
- Unlimited vacation.