What Is A Gear Guide
Moment Gear Guides are pro photographers and filmmakers who work for Moment part-time, serving customers. This is bigger than just answering emails. It’s a community with a shared purpose...help Moment customers to get the most out of their photography.
That means helping customers with their order, setting up their gear, and sharing tips to level up their photography skills.
For this class of Gear Guides we are looking for applicants who are…
- Able to provide assistance with high volume emails, live chat, SMS, and calls.
- Have flexible scheduling.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Self-motivated and organized, this is a remote position.
- Experience with photography and/or filmmaking.
- Help customers, no matter what their issue is.
- Be super responsive when customers reply to your messages.
- Communicate with a smile.
- Be knowledgeable about all the gear we sell.
- Commit to at least six months of work. Consistency is important.
What You Get
Stable income, free gear, and a community of like-minded creatives. More importantly, you get to share your knowledge 1:1 with the Moment community, helping customers improve their photography.
We plan to continue to evolve the program over time based on what Gear Guides need. But for now, we provide…
- Freedom to work from anywhere you want.
- $15 per hour to start.
- $2K per year in free Moment gear for part-time / $500 for seasonal.
- 20% off Moment shop after yearly max.
How Does It Work
You dictate your schedule. All we ask is that you are responsive to customer messages, put in at least 20 hours per week, and commit to a minimum of six months. We want to empower more creatives but at the same time, we rely on consistency in helping our customers.
Your work times would look like this…
- Connect to the internet. ;-)
- Start with the Moment wiki to see what’s new since you last logged in.
- Reply to customer messages, starting with the customers you’re already working with.
- Posting and replying to questions from other gear guides in slack.
- Updating your schedule for when you will be online next.
How To Apply
Be active on Instagram.
We are looking for people who are passionate about the same photography community. Yes, there are other photography communities online but Instagram is the one where most of our customers engage. Therefore we’re looking for gear guides who are passionate about posting, engaging, and helping their followers in IG.
We keep the application process simple. You share your IG handle, answer a few questions, and we let you know if it’s a fit to take the next step. If it is we’ll pay you for a test project so both of us can determine if this is a fit.