Hoya NXT Plus UV Filter
Shop Hoya Store
Save With Open Box
Like New - from $29.99View item
- Certified for excellent working condition
- Includes all original parts/accessories
Frequently Bought With
UV filters are most commonly used to protect the front of your lens. A first line of defense against scratches, rain, dirt and dust. For this reason, most photographers leave it attached to the lens all the time. But the filter also plays an important role in filtering through UV Haze. Not a huge problem when you are taking pictures at sea-level but as you hike into higher altitudes the filter definitely helps cut through the haze to increase contrast and improve color.
Hoya NXT UV filters are manufactured using high quality optical glass with 6-layers of multi-coatings which improves light transmission to 97.5%. This means more light travels through the glass for improved color reproduction, sharpness and contrast.
The NXT UV filters have a precision milled lightweight aluminum slim profile frame that makes it perfect for all lenses including super wide-angles. The frame sports full front filter threads that can accept a normal lens cap or allows you to stack additional filters like a circular polarizer or neutral density.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Most commonly used to protect your lens.
- Filters out UV Haze at higher elevations helping to increase contrast and saturation.
- Works great with Moment Lenses. To use with Moment Lenses, you will need a Filter Mount.
WHEN TO USE IT
- For everyday use to protect your lenses.
- When hiking in higher elevations to cut down on UV Haze and increase contrast/saturation.
How to pick the correct filter size?
The filter thread size is actually different than the lens focal length. Usually, the filter thread size for your lens is printed on the front of the outer ring where your lens cap attaches, it'll look like øxx where xx is the filter size in millimeters.